Trainer – Lorraine Mousley
One Day Course
- Apply appropriate exam techniquewhen answering AF7 style questions
- Explain the role of TPR and the statutory transfer process
- Explain FCA requirements as they apply to transfers including APTA and the TVC
- Describe the features of DB schemes such as revaluation rates
- Understand the security offered by a DB scheme.
- Explain the CETV process and PIE
- Explain the features of different types of safeguarded benefits
- Understand the death benefits payable by DB and MP schemes
- Describe the transitional protections available and the impact of these on potential transfers
- Describe the risks that should be considered in the transfer process
- Apply appropriate exam technique when answering AF7 questions
On the one-day courses, the focus will be exam questions, debrief and understanding. The content will be skewed towards the key areas of the syllabus and areas likely to be tested in the upcoming exam. Post course work will also be provided, and this will vary, depending on the exam unit being taken.
For all courses, refreshments will be available from 9am and the course will promptly start at 9.30am. Refreshments and lunch for the day will be provided and the course will finish at 4.15pm. Full venue details and directions will be provided at least a week before the course date.